Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Poster 1 Line Art, Teldrassil

Worked on the line art for my first poster tonight. I have it all separated. I will just need to combined one I get high res scans done of each piece.

Poster art for Teldrassil.

I decided it might work better for me to work in layers then having one solid image. This way if I did not like how something looked once inside of illustrator, I would be able to change it very easily.  I started with my main image of the tree and moved through the foreground and finished with background.

For the final line art I drew much more inspiration from classic WPA posters and I also took a little more create license on the World of Warcraft portion.

Below is the image of the tree stump. I wanted this image to be easily recognized by people who do not have a knowledge of World of Warcraft, so I made it look a little bit like a mountain.  Took quiet some time to develop properly.


Below are images of the close up clouds. I wanted these clouds stylized a little more then the ones in the background, mostly I wanted to reflect the stylization seen from the Night Elves, the race of people who rule over Teldrassil.


Here is what the background will look like, well the water and the sky background. This was basically inspired by WPA posters of national parks. I was a little worried about how the water would turn out and I was quiet happy with its final.


 The overlay is used to represent the village and trees growing on the outside of the tree. I did these with a lack of detail to reflect how the WPA posters often have foreground images that are solid colored, and to help keep the viewers eyes focused on the main portion of the image.


 I am going to take these and layer them in photoshop/illustrator I will post an image of them once they are mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment