Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Project 2



The Six Degrees of Separation

I wanted to explore the idea that the world is interlinked. The longer I am alive the more I have found that everything is connected in one way or another. I got inspiration for this project from a book journal I have been keeping for about 3 years. While reading I will write down a common factors (city, character name, themes…etc.) that happen throughout each book. I have started referring to my journal as the as my book of separations.  I have always found this idea amazing. In fact, my sister and I have always played the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, trying to stump one another.

For this project I wanted to create a poster series/video/interactive web page. I would have 3 large web charts linking ideas together; each chart will represent books, movies, or television. I will be using things like author name, character names, actors, and themes to link each item together. Whenever there is a common thread that thread between the pieces that bubble will be a different color. When a book and a film match up they will be red, when a book and television match up they will, and when they are 3 matching they will be purple. I also want there to be an audio layer to the piece. I will link the items together with quotes from the books, movies, and television.

Example Quote:

Her father got the job offer in Iceland just after Aria plucked a withered peach, cringing at how easily she’d bruised the soft flesh.



The start the book web.

No comments:

Post a Comment