Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Updated Artist Statment



Books have always been a strong influence into my artwork. The effect that they have over someone is very empowering. They are an escape form out lives, a moment of relaxation amongst the insanity.

With the paper format of books slowly passing, I find it essential to capture the essence of the printed book. I use textures inspired by parchment, traditional font faces, and even books themselves.

In my piece Letters for a Child, the influence from classic novels is extremely relevant. I have created book inspired alphabet using strong silhouettes that represent key characters from classics and modern classics in children’s fiction.  This piece was created to not only inspire children to read but to be read. 

As a designer I tend to work in a digital format, using books as an inspirational jumping point. I work with original hand drawn images. My pieces tend to have a limited color palette. If my artwork can captivate you like a book can that I have reached my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment